Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Becoming Miss TCF and Jr. Fair Queen

A few weeks after my county fair, the Trumbull County Fair, I've finally had a chance to catch my breath! Before the fair even officially started, on Monday, June 28, I was lucky enough to be crowned both Miss Trumbull County Fair 2010 and the 2010 Jr. Fair Queen. I was and am so honored to represent my county with both of these titles!

Our county's Jr. Fair Royal Court is crowned based on an application and interview. Last year, I was named the Jr. Fair Princess. Now, in 2010, I was crowned the Jr. Fair Queen. I am so excited to hold this title, alongside my coworker and best friend, Mr. Thomas Shay, Jr. Fair King. We plan to be very active this year, touring several fairs and attending various community events.
Tommy and I after the crowning ceremony

The Miss Trumbull County Fair competition is a pageant held at the fair grounds and open to resident girls of Trumbull County, ages 15 to 19. I started competing as soon as I was old enough! The pageant is based on an application, formal wear, a speech, and on stage question. My first two years, I was named first runner up. Finally, my fourth try, I made it, becoming Miss Trumbull County Fair 2010. I couldn't be any happier!

Being crowned Miss TCF 2010 by the 2009 Queen, Ashley Dietz

The winners and our wonderful MC, Mr. Mike Wilson

As both Miss TCF and Jr. Fair Queen, I will represent my county at the 2011 Ohio Fair's Queen contest in January. I am very excited, as well as nervous, for this wonderful opportunity! Before then, however, I plan on touring various fairs around the state, as well as participating in many community events.
I've started this blog to cite my travels as both Miss TCF and the Jr. Fair Queen. I'm sure this year will be one to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment